When playing a tough survival game like Apex Legends, it’s very important to master all the in-game controls so you will be able to direct all Apex Legends Characters without any troubles. Although Apex Legends game doesn’t feature many shortcut keys, it’s still quite enough for you to perform every single step and action that you want to do without communicating with each other. For the newbies who have just created Apex Legends accounts, they are highly recommended to learn more about Apex Legends shortcuts. This Apex Legends guide below will let you know everything about them!
All shortcut keys in Apex Legends
- Keys W, A, S, D: Moving forward, backward, to the left and to the right.
- The left mouse button: Firing and shooting normally
- The right mouse button: Aiming (used for some certain weapons)
- The spacebar: Jumping in Apex Legends
- Key R: Reloading guns and replacing bullets
- Key B: Changing the firing mode: 1 bullet, 3 bullets, and automatically (used for some certain weapons)
- Key Shift: Holding key Shift helps the character move faster.
- Key Ctrl/C: Sitting down
- Key Q: Using the normal ability of the Apex Legends characters.
- Key Z: Using the ultimate ability of the Apex Legends characters.
- Key E: Looting items. Holding key E will help change to another weapon.
- Key M: Opening the big map in Apex Legends.
- Key Tab: Opening the loot crates in Apex Legends.
- The mouse wheel scroll: Switching the weapons, and Ping the location.
- Key F: Ping the enemy’s location
- Key V: Melee combat
- Number keys 1 and 2: The first and second weapons.
- Number key 3: Bringing it back to the hand for running faster.
- Number key 4: Blood and armor regeneration. Holding number key 4 will show the board of selecting blood and armor.
- Key 6: Switching to types of armor. Holding number key 4 to show the board of ammo.
- Key H: Toggling the shield (applied for Gibratar).
- Key N: Checking out the skin of weapons.
- Key T: Turning on the voice chat in Apex Legends (must be set up beforehand)
- Key Enter: The chat keys in Apex Legends.
Steps to change the shortcuts in Apex Legends
Apex Legends players can easily change the shortcut keys to suit their play style. To change them, follow these steps below:
Step 1: Click the Setting button (see the image below)
Step 2: You must click Mouse/Keyboard part, and this is the place that allows you to change the shortcut keys in Apex Legends.
Step 3: To change any shortcut keys of Apex Legends, just simply click that key
Step 4: A notification board will pop up, now you need to select the key that you want to change.
There you go! Now you have done changing the Apex Legends shortcut keys.