Now, you probably have learned how to move faster in Apex Legends, but what about dropping down onto the ground? Surely, dropping is as important as moving faster in a free-to-play Battle Royale game like this. You need to know that your prospects in a battle of Apex Legends game will usually center on the location you decide to land. Therefore, it’s also very important to learn how to drop. With the tips below here, you will easily learn the way to drop on the ground without any troubles.
Handy tips for you to drop in Apex Legends
Aiming for a zone of Kings Canyon that is along or close to the path of the dropship may seem to be easy enough. However, if you want to get to a far-off zone of the map, you need to have clever handling have a basic grasp of physics.
Seemingly, the perfect way for maximizing your range as the Jumper is to fly directly ahead or as close as possible to it. However, with the stock of the gauges on the right and left sides of the screen is taken while dropping in, you will easily figure out this is not the case.
The airspeed of your squad will be reflected by the left gauge while your altitude will be marked by the right gauge. All Apex heroes are not armed with jump jets for double jumping, however, they are provided with jetpacks for the drop. Make sure that you always propel yourself forward when in the mode of the Jumpmaster ((left stick up on PS4/Xbox One, W on PC), which helps accelerate your speed to the max.
Soaring straight ahead will make you lose steam. If you want to know how to keep your speed over longer distances, then read the drop guide below:
- Fly straight and keep an eye on your airspeed gauge. You must dive for a bit to speed up if the number reduces below 130 or so. Make sure you only dive for a second or two so you can retrieve the airspeed. Dive straight downward if you want your distance to be maximized.
- When your speed returns to above 140, flatten out the start flying straight again. You can coast for a bit prior to decreasing your speed to below 130 again. Then, keep doing these two steps against until you get to the landing zone you want.
- Do not fly close to natural or buildings, like rock formations. Your landing animation can be triggered.
- Use the free-lock function during flight, or you can let your teammates do it (hold L2/LT on PS4/Xbox One, right-click on PC)
- No matter what way you take, when you’re in the area of your final destination, three of you must spread out before landing (square on PS4, X on Xbox One, Ctrl on PC). If you have acquired some weapons, you can stick together.
Making a decision on the landing zone as soon as possible is very important because it will have an influence on the loot and items you want to collect. There are plenty of enemies trying to get items, so you need to do that first and get a lot of things for yourself.